A care home in North Dublin is seeking a CNM to join their team. The CNM will demonstrate leadership and provide support to the Director of Nursing. The CNM will be required to work days, nights and weekends. This is an exciting opportunity for a CNM looking for a new challenge or a Senior Staff Nurse looking to take the next step.
Salary: €25 per hour
- The CNM will be playing a central role in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating nursing care
- Prioritising care needs of residents while ensuring care is individualised
- Assisting in managing the nursing home so that it is conducive to meeting HIQA guidelines
- Preparing and administrating drugs in line with Company policy and ‘An Bord Altranais’ guidelines
- Ensuring residents hygiene / personal care needs are maintained to the highest standards
- Providing palliative care for residents and support for their residents
- Acting for the Director of Nursing in their absence or in an emergency
- Planning and allocation of nursing teams
- The organisation of fair and accurate off-duty rotas and co-ordinated holiday plans, other leave and parameters that apply to ensure that available resources are maximized.
- Collaboration with the Director of Nursing in preparing, implementing and evaluating budget and service plans within an agreed budget
- Controlling the use of all supplies and the proper use of all equipment
- Identifying projected needs through constant floor inventories and estimate appropriate limits of resource
- Leading by example and demonstrating a strong ‘team ethos’ being positive and motivational at all times
- Encouraging, training and guiding team while maintaining a happy environment
- Providing guidance to all junior nursing and care staff.
- Minimum of 5 Years of post-qualified experience
- Actively registered with NMBI
- Proven track record in Team Management and performance management
- A Minimum of three Years in Care of the Elderly in Ireland
- Continuous Professional Development
- Ability to manage and motivate a team
- Applicants must be a current resident in Ireland with a valid work permit