Butcher required for Store in Carlow.
Main purpose of the role:
Ensure the Meat Department operates efficiently and effectively at all times and provides our customers with excellent quality and products and services.
- Craft butchery course is desirable
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- Numerical skill
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous customer service experience is an advantage
- The ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment, ability to multi-task under pressure
- A passion for food and the ability to inspire shoppers
- HACCP training is beneficial but not essential.
- Maintain retail cuts at a high standard in accordance with customer needs
- Drive sales through ensuring SOPs and store standards are met on a daily basis
- Merchandise and present department to the highest standard
- Implement planograms correctly
- Control stock rotation so that quality and freshness of goods is of the highest standard
- Manage waste and shrink in the department
- Ensure continuous improvement in the Meat Department by remaining up to date with new products and initiatives
- Enhance product knowledge by gaining information from a range of sources and share ideas, suggestions and builds
- Engage with new initiatives and embrace new ways of working.